Friday, June 28, 2013

Who Am I???

"I didn't always know what I wanted to do, but I knew the kind of woman I wanted to be."
- Diane Von Furstenberg

I found this paper today that I was given at a bible study months ago. I want to write it out because sometimes I forget who I am. When I forget I go down this slippery slope of discouragement and despair, ranting and raving about how I am not good enough. (note: last post)

I know I really need to lighten up. Figuratively, because literally I am light enough. I could actually use some vitamin D and sunshine.

Anyways, now that I got that out of my system (previous post), I will dive into who I am.

I am:
 a seeker of: truth, grace, hope, light, love, forgiveness, devotion, joy, peace, comfort, security.
 a daughter of light not of darkness (1 Thess 5:5)
called according to God's purpose (romans 8:28)
chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit (John 15:16)
 loved by God (1 Thess 1:4)
designed to triumph (2 Cor 2:14)
blessed with every spiritual blessing (Eph 1:3)
redeemed and forgiven (Eph 1:7)
hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3)

I am loved, treasured, made for eternal living.
I am a new creation, God's workmanship.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Phil 4:13)
I walk by faith not by sight (2 Cor 5:7)
I am part of a creation that feels, hurts, laughs, cries.
I am not better than anyone, nor is anyone better than me.
I have been made to discover grace.
I have been designed to encourage and love endlessly.
I have been called to be myself.

Oh, the identity I find in these truths and the assurance and peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment